When describing a release, stick to this format
Carcass (eng): "Reek of Putrefaction" Lp 1988 Earache / released on Cd, reissued in 2003 by Earache with uncensored cover.
BOLD for full-lengths Italic for demos
Band Name (3 letter code country): "album" running-time year label / additional data
Release format use these abbreviations (open a discussion on this topic)
- Cd-r - Cd ROM
- 2Cd - double Cd
- 2x12" - double 12"
- 2x7" - double 7"
- digiCd - digipack
- gf12" - gatefold 12"
- pic12" - picture 12"
- slimCd - Cd with slim plastic case
- slipCd - Cd within cardboard sheet
Additional data might include (open a discussion on this topic)
- non-pro - means Xeroxed cover and/or plain Cd-r
- pro - means professional print on cover and/or Cd-r with professionally printed surface
Note: I shall consider Cd to be pro by default so no need to say "pro Cd".
Note 1: UK does not mean England. Stick to three letters codes. Eng for england ecc. Note 2: Do not write Cd or Cd-r or stuff like that. The format of the release is secondary. Right now let's say Ep under 20 minutes, Lp over that running time.
Glossary of Terms
- Death Grind
- Gore Grind (or Goregrind)
- Gore Metal
- Grind Core (or Grindcore)
- Noise Grind